thePIANIST
Friday, 25 April 2008

Of MRT and whining

Today was the first time I got squashed in the MRT. Read MRT train with people packed like sardines.

Okok so you're probably thinking 'what? it's his first time? this dude gotta be kidding'.

Yeah I'm one of the statistically few lucky [spoilt] chaps who gets transported around in a car all my schooling life.

Indeed, it was the first time I could really describe the train as packed. I mean, I'm not kidding you when I say I didnt have to hold on to any handrails to remain motionless. Thank God I was only on the train for 2 stations. I almost died from the pushing and shoving. Ok, that was an exaggeration. Still, I did wish I was taller, like taller than everyone else by a head - or at least half a head. Ok maybe just 5cm. Whatever, I just wished I were taller.

Nah, I'm not complaining. Probably just whining.

So what's with whining? [or complaining for that matter]

I think it's just another of those noticeable traits which helps distinguish us as Singaporeans.

Speak Singlish. Check.
Join a long queue. Check.
Have loads of comments about the issue of foreign talent, the govt, the GST, the army, public transport.... Check.
Love lift upgrading. Check.
Too busy in this fast-paced society. Check.
Love whining. Check.

Yeah you get the idea. Singaporeans, me included, simply love whining. About anything. About everything.

We whine about events, people and even govt policies.

Come on, you just love whining don't you?

I think whining's also one of the defining characteristics for a Singapore youth. Singapore youths have an inclination towards getting distracted from their task on hand and start whining. Especially in groups. I mean, whining is basically just another word for - pardon my language - bitching.

We bitch about events. And people. And concerts. And parents. And teachers. And work. And school. And studies. And weather. And age. And strangers. Oh yeah did I tell you about the guy who was sitting next to me on the bus the other day...

There you have it. Told you I'm still young.



20:10; The Pianist'

thePIANIST;
~ice dragon~
edmund
twenty one
phpps tchs hci nus
bmt-b sispec-g eti-ep
npcc choir
piano

theLOVE;
violin
saxaphone
jazz
spiritual revival.renewal
books
lit
friends
love

theWISH;
personalised room
keyboard
games
books
love
guitar lesson
jazz piano lesson

theCHATTERBOX;




theESCAPES;

theHISTORY;