thePIANIST
Friday, 11 July 2008

sorting out my thoughts

Well, lots of thots been running through my mind the past few weeks (yeah i hear groans already)

The other day I was chatting with my army friends and then we touched on the issue of love. Some say there's no wrong in love, others believe that love is blind. Whatever the case, they kind of explain how/why someone likes this person [when we just find it unacceptable/unbelievable to see them together]. Indeed, love is pretty irrational. Initially I couldn't accept this guy with this girl, coz of his recent marriage [and rumoured divorce] but I guess it's pretty much my own bias and prejudice. Thought over it for about 2 weeks now and I guess I'm now pretty alright with it? I mean, I'm alright with homosexuality but not this supposed-3rd-party thing? My initial reluctance came from the fact that it destroys a relationship - but I figured that the comment '爱情是没有错的' set me thinking. As some people commented, if the guy can wed and divorce so quickly, maybe it shows something? Hmm, or maybe I'm just forcing myself to be okay with it. Still, moral and religious values aside, I suppose now I've come to accept it more or less. Sometimes I really wonder if I'm going down the slippery slope by putting religious values aside and come to terms with homosexuality. Ah, let's leave that for another day, shall we.

Is money really THAT important? More important than relationships and other stuff? I don't know, I was just pretty disillusioned yesternight when I heard stuff. Partly confused, partly disillusioned, partly disbelief, partly sad. Or perhaps all along those relationships forged didnt matter as much as they seemed. Nah, don't think I wanna talk much about it here. I shall stay open minded and optimistic for now.

难道社会真的如此黑暗?

有时候,我会埋怨生活太困难,理不完的琐事,总是太忙。
有时候,我会感叹人生无方向,终日劳劳碌碌,两头不到岸。
有时候,我好害怕社会太黑暗,测不透的人心,没有良善。
有时候,我会担心朋友会走开,面对风风雨雨,无人同担当。

Ahh..I wanna find a place to hide. And I'm listening to this CD my friend gave me many many years ago. It just struck me that I'll always take this CD out and listen to it when I feel vulnerable with my thoughts and stuff, when it seems like I need a sanctuary to run to and seek solace. Somehow the songs just comfort and reassure me. Yeap, I know they were meant to - more than 5 years ago they served that purpose and till now, they still do.

Thanks mydear, they never help me find back my strength and courage to face the world, to face another day.

  1. What the world needs now
  2. 朋友
  3. Just the way you are (alternative)
  4. If we hold on together
  5. 关怀方式
  6. I'll be there
  7. Stay the same
  8. 当你
  9. Purest of pain
  10. Waiting
  11. When you believe
  12. Pass it on
  13. Give thanks
  14. Shout to the Lord
  15. Power of Your love
  16. Shine, Jesus Shine
  17. God will make a way
  18. As the deer



22:37; The Pianist'

thePIANIST;
~ice dragon~
edmund
twenty one
phpps tchs hci nus
bmt-b sispec-g eti-ep
npcc choir
piano

theLOVE;
violin
saxaphone
jazz
spiritual revival.renewal
books
lit
friends
love

theWISH;
personalised room
keyboard
games
books
love
guitar lesson
jazz piano lesson

theCHATTERBOX;




theESCAPES;

theHISTORY;