thePIANIST
Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Many thoughts make a long entry..

Met isaac for lunch today at bpp subway. Was late by an hour and 16mins. Haha sorry about that dude. Thereafter, we walked to his house and basically bummed around - com a bit, piano and guitar mostly, then random game. It was a good whole 8 hours spent together, and you could say we really didnt do anything much, didnt even settled down to have some serious talk or sorts. It was just random stuff mostly. Still, it was just great to be around him; indeed, it's the company that matters anyway.

Ahh I think I wanna self-learn the guitar again. Haha. Ohwells, messed around with isaac's guitars just now and I realised I still rmb the chords! HEHH. G, Em, C, D, A, Am. And with these 6 chords, I can play Love The Lord Your God (G-Em-C-D) and I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever (D-Em-G-A). Not bad huh :P

Ok so that's it, I'm inspired once again by the mobility of the guitar and wanna continue my self learning which I gave up a few years back. Kinda refused to try the barr chords. :X

And that made me wonder if I really wanna retake my diploma exam for piano. I have to admit, I ain't really very sure I would practise like anything for the exam, yet I know that dip cert is one thing I really wanna have. Ohwells, anyone wanna help me out with this?

And I'm planning to learn the violin after I ORD. Am I ambitious or what? I think it's more of lack of focus ba. Like everything also want to learn.

And to add to that, I wanna learn the saxaphone. Haha but I know this will wait till I'm in my late twenties or thirties. And that is if I still am interested to take up a new stuff at that age :S

-----

Been thinking about something for sometime - realised how much I have changed ever since army. Not gonna blog one whole entry about this, but just wanna raise sth which I thought is significant and noticeable. Definitely I have become more health and self conscious. And that is most evidently seen in my 'commitment' to exercise. Haha ohwell, probably I still don't exercise as much as some people, don't work out as much as some people, and am not as fit/tanned/muscular/toned/defined as some people. But still, I guess it's a good start to make the effort to run (to train my stamina and to lose weight and keep fit generally), to swim (for the broad shoulders and yesyes, the all impt tan) and trying to make cycling a part of my life. For sure I do feel good about all these, as cmopared to years ago when I would die running my 2.4km for NAPFA.

And with stan-chart 10km run last year and the upcoming 21km on 7Dec, my siblings and I are setting our sights on the awe-inspiring 42.195km full marathon next year. And as for me, the other day I was thinking about biathlons and triathlons. Yea, I know many ppl are gonna be surprised by my interest in such physically demanding activities when I don't even engage in sports usually (like soccer). But I thought it would be interesting and quite an experience to take part in a biathlon. Hence, the other day I was just setting for myself the challenge of going for a biathlon by the age of 30. Well, setting goals are easy, but to realise them, I guess it takes a whole lot of time and effort. Looks like after I ORD I really need to continue exercise, hor kaihim? Haha :P

And kokhou's suggestion of playing badminton in camp is bringing the inner badminton fan out again. Ehhh, I was interested in badminton in secsch lah k. Sounds good? Haha.

-----

And just the other day I was thinking of what CCAs I would like to join in uni. Nahhh I dun wanna just mug and mug and mug like it's my passion -.- Was thinking of joining choir and some sports and maybe sth interesting/weird. Haha.

Ok, once again you see my lack of focus and diffused attention. I wonder if I am even gonna make it through law school if I continue in this manner.

But before I go into uni, there's a good 8months where I needa work. Thinking of teaching tuition for sec3-4 and teaching piano. How to go about getting the required contacts, and how to work out all the details and everyth, I am seriously absolutely clueless.

-----

Have this theory about sexuality. Just a disclaimer first, for the sake of those who are uncomfortable with such open discussion of this topic. All along I believe that characters are of nurture more than of nature. And that goes for most of the other things too, and that's where homosexuality comes in.

Just a note that if you are uncomfortable with it you can choose not to read on. And for ease of my typing, shall use the pronoun he as a general concensus, not being chauvinistic or feminist here. And I know I am risking quite a bit by writing one whole paragraph on this but still, here goes.

It's been a pretty well-discussed topic by now, considering the various developments and media attention given in the recent years. Still was just mulling over it the other day. It's my belief that when a baby is born, sexual desires are still dormant in him. As he grows older, the sex drive acts up and the craving to fulfil his sexual desires surface. However, just as Freud surmises that one will not desire for his siblings due to the extended time spent together since young and the inculcation of the unacceptability of incest, I suppose that the baby-infant-child is similarly exposed to societal norms and the prevalence of heterosexuality, thus subconsciously classifying homosexuality as taboo.

And that is why homosexuality has become more common-sight and has taken centre-stage nowadays as compared to my parents' generation. In those times, the mention of sex and/or sexuality is frowned upon, compared to our present 'liberalised' society. With homosexuality now proposed as an alternative lifestyle, instead of an erraneous mentality, the line between right and wrong is blurred, the distinction between what is acceptable and that of unacceptable is now unclear. As a result, the sense of drive for heterosexuality in a child nowadays would be less strong than in the past.

My point is, most, if not all, would have experienced some form of homosexual tendencies in their pubtertal years. And this would be stronger for those in single-sex schools because they are faced with people of the same gender everyday. By homosexual tendencies I do not mean the desire to engage in undesirable sexual activities with someone of the same gender; I'm proposing that most, if not all, would have been inclined/drawn to someone of the same gender - be it attracted by his physique, character or personality. By homosexual tendencies, I do mean that there is a curiosity to learn more about the body of those of the same gender, be it to see how they are developing and/or how you are doing compared to others and/or otherwise.

Of course, for most, societal norms still result in their return to the path of heterosexuality. But for some, they just don't seem to ever get over such homosexual tendencies.

I'm blogging on this topic not to say what's right or what's not, what's in religion or what's not. I'm merely making my statement based on observations and more on thoughts.

And I guess, my main point is that, at some point in time, we all do struggle with some form of homosexual tendencies. So, if you find that you are still hovering between that line of heterosexuality and homosexuality, you can rest in comfort that you are definitely not the only one. And with that, don't be too apprehensive in talking to your friends about it. I'm pretty sure you will be surprised by what comes out of it.

All in all, I just hope people don't get all too depressed over their homosexual tendencies.



21:43; The Pianist'

thePIANIST;
~ice dragon~
edmund
twenty one
phpps tchs hci nus
bmt-b sispec-g eti-ep
npcc choir
piano

theLOVE;
violin
saxaphone
jazz
spiritual revival.renewal
books
lit
friends
love

theWISH;
personalised room
keyboard
games
books
love
guitar lesson
jazz piano lesson

theCHATTERBOX;




theESCAPES;

theHISTORY;