thePIANIST
Sunday, 21 September 2008

Milestones..

Worship Night was yesterday. Didnt have time to do a proper entry coz was busy with preparations for Sisters Day today.

Many asked me how I felt after the whole thing.

Relieved that it's over, sad that it's over, glad that it's over, thankful that it's over.

Perhaps, my only regret is that there weren't too many old friends around. And sunny was telling me that he hopes next yr it can be held in the main sanctuary. Indeed, it would be my dream, too, to see it held on a large scale. And my concerns and worries were met with a simple 'leave it to Him, commit to and put it in His hands'. Indeed, it's precisely this simplicity and child-likeness of faith and trust and obey that makes it so tough.

Still, thanks to all who helped - logistics team who always worked in the background with all the sweat, backup singers who had to cope with the not-too-easy songs I had, and of coz my poor musicians who had to bear with my random bouts of moodiness and the somewhat tough selection of songs. Yes isaac, the amount of up-keys I have :P

A pat on the back for both wanjie and I for lingshi-ing, though we both really agree that we are glad that God used us in His way and may the spirit continue to work in those who were present yesterday. And never anything for myself, but may all glory be to the Lord. Amen.

Pretty glad everything turned out alright today, as wanjie and alison say it just will. Hehh lingshi and piano tgt was a nice experience. Not exactly in the well, show-off manner, lah. It's more coz I can have total control of what mood I wanna create. Still, thanks to xc and wenhan for accompanying me on the guitar and violin. :):)

And with the conclusion of Sisters Day today, I guess that more or less marks the end of my chapter in the youth side. Well, I think I should say, it marks the end of one chapter in my involvement in the youth side. The end of the first chapter, but the beginning of a second one is just on its way now.

Organisation of youth camp in 2005, being tuanzhang for this yr, and leading worship night in 2008. And with the various involvements in the different committees along the years, I realise that there's nothing more amazing than interacting with my fellow bros and sis in christ and enjoying their company, together with the fellowship with God. Nahh, serving's not the main thing. Relationship with God is.

Love is not envious, and love does not take into account the past misdeeds of others.

I'm still trying, still trying..

You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvellous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard.
Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom?
Who can fathom the depth of Your love?
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above.

And I stand, I stand in awe of You
And I stand, I stand in awe of You
Holy God, to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of You



16:55; The Pianist'

thePIANIST;
~ice dragon~
edmund
twenty one
phpps tchs hci nus
bmt-b sispec-g eti-ep
npcc choir
piano

theLOVE;
violin
saxaphone
jazz
spiritual revival.renewal
books
lit
friends
love

theWISH;
personalised room
keyboard
games
books
love
guitar lesson
jazz piano lesson

theCHATTERBOX;




theESCAPES;

theHISTORY;