thePIANIST
Friday, 24 October 2008

Life and escapism

Picked up a copy of mypaper on my way home today and came across this article which stated: According to an online investigation findings, 1/3 of US employees have, in this year, called to their office on the pretence of MC to skip work at least once.

每10名受调查的雇员当中,就有1人坦言,不愿上班的原因是为了避开无聊的会议、为手头的工作争取更多时间完成,或者躲避老板或同事的怒火。

I guess I can sorta understand how such incidents came about, but I cannot say I empathise with those who do so, 'cause after all I haven't had that first-hand experience yet.

Which brings me to my point exactly that sometimes, certain things can best be understood only through doing it yourself, going through the whole thing to figure out why people like certain things.

And that's how I realised how people can get addicted to computer games, alcohol, not studying, studying, hanging out late at night, emo-ing etc.

And as I said before, too, we all have our methods of escapism. For some, it's alcohol, clubbing, hanging out, and for others, it may be computer games, pornography, drugs etc. Who's who to say what's what? We all just need our outlet of expression, to channel it all to some form of relief, the ghetto of our own unspeakable.

And once again, who's who to say what's what?



09:40; The Pianist'

thePIANIST;
~ice dragon~
edmund
twenty one
phpps tchs hci nus
bmt-b sispec-g eti-ep
npcc choir
piano

theLOVE;
violin
saxaphone
jazz
spiritual revival.renewal
books
lit
friends
love

theWISH;
personalised room
keyboard
games
books
love
guitar lesson
jazz piano lesson

theCHATTERBOX;




theESCAPES;

theHISTORY;