thePIANIST
Wednesday, 22 October 2008

What's up?

So what have I been up to recently?

Nothing much, trying to swim more [but the weather's not helping], trying to run more [but my laziness always wins] so looks like my plan to exercise ain't too smooth-sailing, yet.

Just done sorting out my christian songs lyrics folder. 150 odd songs saved individually and stuff. Though the song book's gonna like come out soon enough, but it's always been my dream to do this. Guess at least that's something accomplished for now. Going through all the songs individually made me reminisce about the old times when songs like Ren Shi Ni Zhen Hao and Zan Mei Zhi Quan were really the IN songs. Ok so this is what my folder looks like for now:












Yeahh so this makes searching for songs waaayy easier. Better than the previous times when I had to open about 8 different word docs to search for a particular song because they are all saved all over the place. :S And this looks waaaaay neater too. =)

Ok so that's what I've been doing the whole night. As for what I have been up to lately, I guess I just found back my interest to arrange and compose songs! It's a good thing 'cause indeed, music's a great way to express your feelings. My dream is to have my own room [currently sharing with my bro], shift the computer into my room, and then buy a keyboard to put at my computer table and then I can compose/arrange songs and figure out melody lines and chords without interference and without loss of inspiration due to time lag. People ask me why I can't make do with the piano and com now. Well, it's just that keyboard is waaay convenient since I spend most of my time at the com. YES I realised I spent my entire day yesterday with the computer on from morning till night. Mann I shld buy a more comfortable chair. Ok not the point.
So anyways, my arrangement 'career' has only just kicked off, so as u will notice below the collection is still pretty small. Okay, make that extremely limited.

So I use noteworthy composer to arrange/compose the notes, then for chinese songs, I gotta use MSWord to type in the chinese lyrics [coz nwc can't support chinese software], then finally convert it to .pdf file. So there you have it :)
Got a personal list of songs that I would like to arrange one day, so if anyone of you out there would want me to arrange a particular song in a particular manner in for a particular reason, or you just have a song to suggest, feel free to tell me yeah? :)
I really hope I'll have more time for this whole music stuff.
Ahh time to rest my poor brain. Blog more tmr! =)



01:27; The Pianist'

thePIANIST;
~ice dragon~
edmund
twenty one
phpps tchs hci nus
bmt-b sispec-g eti-ep
npcc choir
piano

theLOVE;
violin
saxaphone
jazz
spiritual revival.renewal
books
lit
friends
love

theWISH;
personalised room
keyboard
games
books
love
guitar lesson
jazz piano lesson

theCHATTERBOX;




theESCAPES;

theHISTORY;