thePIANIST
Monday, 24 November 2008

Looking at self from others' perspectives

Today in church we had to fill in a form that was asking us in what areas we would want to serve. And my dear knights as usual, like to do things differently so we got into a circle and we filled the form for the person next to us. I filled for sharon, sharon for alison, alison for xiucheng, xiucheng for me.


And yeap, it was interesting to note that after we were done with each other's we exchanged to kinda look through just in case. Amazingly, there were little minor adjustments, just a couple or so.


As for mine, nothing much I changed except that when it came to this section which we had to tick what kind of things we want to serve in the Administrative area, my dear da ge ticked a couple, but there was 2 which he didnt tick and I instinctively wanted to just go and tick. But I stopped myself for a second, pause and thought for a moment, then I realised, perhaps yeahh those 2 really didnt need to be selected at all.


And then it just struck me like that, real hard, that perhaps after all, my da ge really knew me well. Yeahh it was his choice of not ticking those 2 that made me think why he didnt and I realised, yah maybe those 2 shldnt have been.


And then I realised - Sometimes we've got to look at ourselves, our lives and characteristics from other people's perspectives, in order to minimise our blind spots.



01:29; The Pianist'

thePIANIST;
~ice dragon~
edmund
twenty one
phpps tchs hci nus
bmt-b sispec-g eti-ep
npcc choir
piano

theLOVE;
violin
saxaphone
jazz
spiritual revival.renewal
books
lit
friends
love

theWISH;
personalised room
keyboard
games
books
love
guitar lesson
jazz piano lesson

theCHATTERBOX;




theESCAPES;

theHISTORY;