thePIANIST
Friday, 5 December 2008

function of my blog..

Thanks to all those who showed concern in one way or the other following my previous posts - not forgetting those who were silently praying for me and not asking me about it.


I know that my blog usually gives off the emo vibes but as I always explain to my friends, my blog is where I vent and let off steam, pen down my thought processes and work through my feelings and all. As for my happy times, I think I'm better off enjoying and savouring every moment of that than to write it down. Okay maybe occasionally, and that's why there'll be more so-called emo posts than happier ones.


But I've come to see my blog as a place where I can write down what I think about certain things in life, or some philosophical questions that just whirl around in my mind, or some reflections inspired by a particular event or incident - a haven for me to just be who I really am and think what I really think and feel what I really feel, without being judged for who I am and without societal pressures and norms that I feel obliged to conform to in my real life.


As such, some may say my blog persona appears vastly different from who I really am in life. But I guess, this blog is a more accurate portrayal of my inner self, my thoughts and feelings - how I will react to things in the my blatant, honest and naked self.


With that, I'm not saying that I'm being hypocritical in my real life, nor do I feign ignorance at times, and definitely I don't put on a false front all the time. Hey, I'm not an emo-kid yeah? I'm just a thinker, and a feeler. Somewhere caught in between. And I figured the way I deal with balancing these 2 ends of the spectrum is to be more of a thinker when I'm in the blogosphere and more a feeler when I'm in my contemplative real life. And when I'm with my friends? I'll try to just be myself and enjoy their company - laming around but once in a while engaging in more serious talks.


And to quote my dear alison again for the n-th time, just for those who might be confused how I can be lame and deep and engaging and serious and friendly and pensive all mish-mashed into one person:
Edmund is someone who's deep and that's who he is and his identity. Being lame is merely his part time job.
Boy do I love this quote. Thanks mydear :)


-----


And it's friday already! two more days [or shld I say one] to the Singapore Marathon 2008 AKA Stan Chart lah. Running half marathon this yr together with my dear sis and bro. So I'll be MIA-ing from church but should be heading down for the christmas rehearsal after my 21km >.< I do hope I still would be able to walk properly.


And it's nice to do something unhousewife-ly. I mean, it's 3 more days to my parents' return from Israel-Jordan and while I'm glad to be a househusband for the past week, I still can't wait to be rid of all these nagging chores >.< And I realised I don't like to iron clothes and I still haven't swept the floor yet. Still banking on sis' promise to sweep the house just before my parents are back. And I think I should give the kitchen floor a nice scrub lest my mum complains -.-


And I understand now why my mum always dun like to go out - it's not that she doesnt have friends to hang out with if she wants to, and it's not that she's totally too lazy to get her bum out of the house (think shopping at IMM and stuff), but it's just that she has to worry about whether there's enough water around for us to drink, whether she needs to boil another kettle of water, of whether the weather will suddenly change when she is out.


And for that, my dear mum, even though I'll still continue to use the word paranoid on you :P, I'm sure you know I love you a lot! *huggggs* =) =)


*and of course I hope my mum to know that I love her a lot but definitely I don't think it would be very.. comforting, if she's actually reading my blog >.<



13:04; The Pianist'

thePIANIST;
~ice dragon~
edmund
twenty one
phpps tchs hci nus
bmt-b sispec-g eti-ep
npcc choir
piano

theLOVE;
violin
saxaphone
jazz
spiritual revival.renewal
books
lit
friends
love

theWISH;
personalised room
keyboard
games
books
love
guitar lesson
jazz piano lesson

theCHATTERBOX;




theESCAPES;

theHISTORY;