thePIANIST
Monday, 23 November 2009

random monday piano lesson

Till now, I'm still amazed at the effects giving piano lessons have on me, and the things that come to mind during the lessons.


If you've ever given any lessons to any kid, you would probably understand how hard it is to make them see your point, or to get them to remember something.


I was pointing to this note on the book and asking him what the note was. The correct answer is D (out of 7 possibilities) The conversation went sth like this:
kid: C!
me: C?
kid: uh, no no no. E!
me: E???
kid: uhm, no no, G!!
me: G?????
kid: I know! F!
me: *half-dead* F?!?!?! How can this be F?!
kid: D!


Gosh, the immense gratification and satisfaction is being words, seriously. In fact, at that point in time, one word came to my mind describe whatever I was feeling. Orgasmic. Haha okay don't flame me for using such words, but I guess I just can't find another more appropriate word in my limited vocabulary.


Subsequently, the same kid got another note wrong. He got it right on his second attempt but I decided to be mean and test him a bit. The conversation went sth like this (and I still can't believe I actually did it):
kid: D!
me: D?
kid: yes!
me: sure?
kid: yes!
me: you sure?
kid: yes..
me: how sure are you?
kid: very sure.
me: very sure? what if you're wrong?
kid: uh, wrong then I die..


Seriously. I can't believe that I, at 21 years old, assuming the position of a teacher, was actually doing this. Must be the post-torts thing man.



21:56; The Pianist'

thePIANIST;
~ice dragon~
edmund
twenty one
phpps tchs hci nus
bmt-b sispec-g eti-ep
npcc choir
piano

theLOVE;
violin
saxaphone
jazz
spiritual revival.renewal
books
lit
friends
love

theWISH;
personalised room
keyboard
games
books
love
guitar lesson
jazz piano lesson

theCHATTERBOX;




theESCAPES;

theHISTORY;