thePIANIST
Sunday, 14 February 2010

singlehood and marriage

Had the whole family together at the dining table for lunch. Afterwhich someone suggested playing charades, and somehow it evolved to dog-and-bone. Was pretty exciting to see my dad and mum running like they've never played before. Hm, anyhows, it just struck me when I was sitting there and watching everyone - my dad is such a blessed fortunate man.


Having 4 kids, with the youngest being 20 this year, my dad can start to take things slightly easier, to relax and enjoy his life more. And I could see that joy emanating from his radiant face and ever so cheerful disposition. It's not that he has not gone through any hardships, nor any turbulent storms to get to where he is now. It's just, how many people can actually say that they have 4 kids who are competent in their own ways, responsible and filial to the degree that it's sufficiently comforting/reassuring. Well, before this post sounds like a self-complimenting chunk of words, I best qualify myself by saying that if not for my parents, the kids wouldn't have turned out exactly the same.


The point of this entry is not to expound on my parents' way of bringing us up, and most definitely it's not about compliments either. I was just wondering, when I reached the age of my dad some 30 years later, would I be able to share this similar joy?


Would I still be fighting hard for my career, and would I still be single and alone? I know I've said countless of times that I really don't mind staying a bachelor, and I still do recognise the value of staying a swinging single, but that's not to say that I don't see the point of having a partner. After all, it's only natural that we all desire some form of love, affection and attention.


At the end of the day, we're all just scared of getting hurt (again) isn't it?



00:09; The Pianist'

thePIANIST;
~ice dragon~
edmund
twenty one
phpps tchs hci nus
bmt-b sispec-g eti-ep
npcc choir
piano

theLOVE;
violin
saxaphone
jazz
spiritual revival.renewal
books
lit
friends
love

theWISH;
personalised room
keyboard
games
books
love
guitar lesson
jazz piano lesson

theCHATTERBOX;




theESCAPES;

theHISTORY;