thePIANIST
Sunday, 28 March 2010

to be less self-engrossed

After a few crazy weeks in school, coupled with random storms along the way, it's quite a relief and release to know that for the coming week, things will be much better.


And being in church on Sundays always reminds me how lucky I am to have friends around who care so much for me, and love me so much. Thanks for the care and concern, for the encouragement, for the simple pat on the back (both literally and figuratively), for the random few-liner catch-ups here and there, for the chance to be able to pray together for things...


And it makes me realise how much I have not been showing my concern to these people, and have not been reaching out to a particular few whose life I used to really take an interest to. Have been too caught up with myself, thinking about how crapped up my life is, and how tiring everything can get, and whining about no one can really understand what's going on.


Time to be a little less selfish, and to focus more on other people - that's how I used to lead my life and everything went well. The moment I tried to just think about myself, and started judging people with respect to myself, things just went downhill. Wake-up call indeed. And I think the older one gets, the harder it is to ask one to deny oneself and focus on others - because the reality of life kicks in, and the practicality of society sets in. Nonetheless, I'll keep this at the back of my mind and see how things go then.



22:50; The Pianist'

thePIANIST;
~ice dragon~
edmund
twenty one
phpps tchs hci nus
bmt-b sispec-g eti-ep
npcc choir
piano

theLOVE;
violin
saxaphone
jazz
spiritual revival.renewal
books
lit
friends
love

theWISH;
personalised room
keyboard
games
books
love
guitar lesson
jazz piano lesson

theCHATTERBOX;




theESCAPES;

theHISTORY;