thePIANIST
Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Music <3

Finally found my way here again. Been a really crazy holidays. Nothing short of the 5 letters. C-R-A-Z-Y.

Been on so many overseas trip I lost track of time. Phuket, Bratislava, Batam, KL, Bintan, Egypt. Coupled with reservist, I think I've spent more nights out of home than at night. Nonetheless, through it all, thank God for leading me through every trip and keeping me, together with my family and friends, safe throughout.

And after so long, I've finally had the chance to sit down at the piano and just play to my heart's content. If that isn't the number 1 enjoyment in life, I don't know what else is.

Anyhow, played through all the youth camp theme songs and in a span of 30mins, I find myself transported to the december of each year, from 2002 all the way to 2009. That's quickly recollecting memories from the past 8 years.

2002: 步步随主行
2003: Maranatha
2004: Go Fish
2005: Rock n Role
2006: G-man
2007: Youth Alive
2008: iCom
2009: SOS

Snippets of each camp come to mind, and now I stand at this point, finding myself no longer classified as a 'youth', but more of a 'youth mentor'. 岁月不饶人 eh. Time will keep moving and the seconds just keep ticking. The only way to cope with it is to grow up and grow through each experience, learning from what we can and then move on. All camps had their significance in my life at the different stages of my life - of course some camps were closer to heart than the others. Still, always reminding myself not to get stuck in that mentality for too long - it's alright to think back and reminisce and look back, but that's about the closest I can get to reality.

Looking at how much I've grown through the years, I thank God for His presence and strength, and His many ways in which He used me. And thanking God for everything, 感谢神赐路旁玫瑰,感谢神玫瑰有刺。

And just so I can fulfill my musicophilic-pseudo-musician tendencies/desires, I've realised that the camp lyrics for 2005 2007 2009 have quite a bit of similarities, and that the most popular key for composing camp theme songs seems to be F major.

Alright, anti-climatic ending. =D

Labels: ,




14:49; The Pianist'

thePIANIST;
~ice dragon~
edmund
twenty one
phpps tchs hci nus
bmt-b sispec-g eti-ep
npcc choir
piano

theLOVE;
violin
saxaphone
jazz
spiritual revival.renewal
books
lit
friends
love

theWISH;
personalised room
keyboard
games
books
love
guitar lesson
jazz piano lesson

theCHATTERBOX;




theESCAPES;

theHISTORY;